Pure Buchu leaf belongs from Rutaceae family and is obtained from Agothosma betulina. This tree can be found in South Africa in evergreen forests. Buchu essential oil is strong oil that smells like blackcurrant. This essential oil is used for various purposes as it contains some useful properties.
Botanical Name: Agathosma Betulina
Extraction method: Steam distillation
Constituents: Buchu camphor, C.H.O, limonene, and menthone
- The buchu leaf essential oil is used for treating inflammation, kidney, and urinary problems.
- It is used for making cosmetics since old times.
- This oil is used in cooking for enhancing the taste.
- It is used as getting relieved from sprains.
- This oil is used for healing the wounds as it has the antiseptic properties.